Promoting Community, Family, and Individual Health
The Division of Child Development and Community Health is engaged in education, research, clinical and community service activities. Our educational activities are focused on medical students, pediatric residents, and clinical and post-doctoral fellows. Clinical services in developmental and behavioral pediatrics and our research programs reach the entire San Diego community including medically underserved children and families. Our goal is to improve the health care of children and families and educate the next generation of pediatricians and investigators through clinical services and community-based research.
- City Heights Farmers Market , every Saturday, 9 am-1 pm, at Wightman between 43rd and Fairmount St.
- View Healthy Works upcoming events
- View Network for a Healthy California upcoming events
Our faculty work on the local, national, and international levels to create programs aimed at improving the quality of child development and children’s health.
Our programs include:
- Network for Healthy California
- Dental Health Initiative
- San Diego Kids Health Assurance Network