The goal of the Pediatric Residency Program at the University of California San Diego is to train pediatricians to be well versed in all aspects of caring for sick and well children by integrating the art and science of pediatric medicine. Located in the seventh largest city in the U.S. and on the border with Mexico, the program offers unique experiences in border health, the intercity/homeless population, the rural community, the military community and the Native American population.
All the second and third year residents are involved in longitudinal projects in partnership with community based organizations. Approximately 30 percent of graduating seniors went into fellowship training, and the remaining 70 percent are pursuing careers in primary care. This year’s intern recruitment was extremely successful, attracting medical students from major medical schools across the country.
The UCSD Combined Medicine/Pediatrics Residency Training Program provides outstanding, comprehensive training in both internal medicine and pediatrics in an intellectually stimulating and supportive, educational environment. As a renowned academic center, UCSD provides an excellent academic atmosphere for balanced training in both Departments of Medicine and Pediatrics, allowing our graduates to pursue either primary care, hospitalist positions, academic medicine, international health, or sub-specialty fellowships. To find out more, click here.