Vision and Mission
Our vision is to be the leading type 1 diabetes research and clinical care center in the United States.
It is our mission to improve the quality of life for those with diabetes through groundbreaking research in the prevention, treatment and cure of type 1 diabetes; and by providing optimal, compassionate clinical care and education.
The PDRC’s Research Goals include:
- Perform basic research aimed at stopping or reversing the immune system response that causes diabetes
- Develop advanced technologies and therapies to improve the monitoring and glucose control in patients with diabetes
- Generate novel therapies to treat diabetes via cell replacement or regeneration
- Conduct clinical research trials to translate the most innovative therapeutic discoveries from the research bench to children suffering with diabetes
The goals will be achieved by:
- Building a state-of-the-art pediatric diabetes research facility to house diabetes research scientists and clinicians under one roof
- Recruiting highly talented and innovative researchers at junior and senior career levels, as well as dedicated technical and administrative support staff
- Collaborating with other diabetes researchers both nationally and globally
- Securing funding and research grants from the National Institutes of Health, the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, the American Diabetes Association, the California Institute for Regenerative Medicine, as well as other private and public foundations, corporations and private individuals